Get Answers To Your Divorce Questions

At the Nony Law Firm, we represent clients in a broad range of family law matters. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions we get at our Little Rock firm. For more answers, contact us online or call 501-683-8900.

What does a divorce attorney do?

Divorce attorneys offer representation and guidance during the complex and often emotionally difficult divorce process. At our firm, our compassionate divorce lawyer works closely alongside you to understand your goals, negotiate with the opposition, help find any assets your spouse may be hiding, evaluate and draft settlement offers, calculate support payments and provide informed advice.

What is sole physical custody?

"Sole physical custody" refers to a parenting arrangement in which the child spends most of his or her time with one parent.

What is joint legal custody as opposed to sole legal custody?

"Joint legal custody" refers to an arrangement in which both parties to the divorce can make major life decisions about the child, even if one parent has sole physical custody. In instances of "sole legal custody," only one parent makes major life decisions for the child.

I have joint legal custody with my spouse, and he wants to leave the state with our child. Can he do this?

Depending on the circumstances, spouses may be able to relocate with the child. In these situations, you should contact an attorney immediately.

What are the child support guidelines in Arkansas?

Child support is calculated as a percentage of the income of the noncustodial parent. For more information on how payments are determined, contact our firm.

Can I request spousal support?

Unlike child support, spousal support is decided on a case-by-case basis. It is generally awarded when one spouse earns a significant amount more than the other in order to maintain the latter's marital standard of living.

Do courts favor one gender in custody cases?

The courts should not exercise any prejudice or bias based on gender when making a custody or parenting decision. At our Little Rock firm, we can help ensure that, regardless of your gender, your rights and interests are protected throughout any court proceedings.

Will my child need to appear in court?

It is not likely that your child will need to appear in court during a custody or visitation case.

Have additional questions about how family law works in Arkansas? Email us or call 501-683-8900.